This cauliflower soup recipe is vegan and full of cozy spices like ginger and turmeric. It’s a healthy soup that’s easy and delicious.
The idea of healthy eating and healthy cooking is fun, right? Cleanses and 30-day stints are all the rage. People buy spiralizers and Instant Pots in droves. Which is great: a giant Y-E-S to healthy eating and cooking! But as A Couple Cooks our message is about more than that. It’s all about hard work and forming new habits. Ready to take healthy to a new level with this cauliflower soup recipe? Keep reading for our recipe, full of cozy Moroccan spices, and some inspiration for sustainable life change.
The idea of healthy eating and healthy cooking is easy: it’s easy to buy new cookbooks and all the latest in cooking fad gear. But what about making a change that sticks? As A Couple Cooks our message is about just that. It’s unsexy, really, because it’s all about hard work and forming new habits. It’s about making healthy cooking a sustainable lifestyle change.
- 3 pounds whole cauliflower (about 1 1/2 medium heads or 8 cups of florets)
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus additional for garnish
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 6 to 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sliced green onion tops, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Peel the garlic, keeping the cloves whole. Place the cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl and stir together with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat, and place the cauliflower in an even layer on top. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly blackened and very tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion. Peel and dice carrot.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and carrot until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 6 cups vegetable both and the cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper, and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes while the cauliflower roasts.
- When the cauliflower is done, use a spoon to remove about 3/4 cup of the smallest florets for the garnish. Then pour the remaining roasted cauliflower and garlic into the broth mixture. Add 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth (or pour into a blender and blend until smooth, taking care that the liquid is very hot).
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved cauliflower, sliced green onions, additional olive oil (if desired), and a sprinkle of paprika.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/moroccan-spiced-cauliflower-soup/