This affogato recipe is a coffee lover’s dream: ice cream drowned in espresso! Use the traditional vanilla ice cream, or our homemade mocha almond fudge.
For this recipe, we partnered with one of our favorite coffee brands, illy (which we drink all the time!), to test out an illy Y5 Milk, Espresso & Coffee Machine. Not only does it make morning espresso a breeze, it’s perfect for an affogato. You can also make more than just espresso: it has a hot water dispenser for making tea, and new integrated milk frother for making fancy lattes and smooth cappuccinos. Basically, you can become your own barista!
Let us know if you try this affogato recipe! It’s an easy and elegant dessert, and a coffee lover’s dream. It’s worth keeping a pint of ice cream in the freezer to make up this sweet treat for surprise dinner guests!
- 8 small scoops vanilla ice cream* or Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream (vegan)
- 4 shots of espresso (about 3 tablespoons each), using illy espresso capsules (or decaf)
- Make the ice cream. (Start at least 6 hours in advance.)
- Make 4 shots of espresso using illy espresso capsules (or decaf capsules).
- Scoop ice cream into bowls or glasses. Pour over hot espresso and serve immediately.
*If using vanilla ice cream, if desired you can top with chocolate shavings and toasted almonds. To toast almonds: Place 1/4 cup sliced almonds a dry skillet and toast over medium low heat, shaking often, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/toasted-almond-mocha-affogato-recipe/